A week after President Donald Trump’s inauguration, George Orwell’s 1984 is the best-selling book on Amazon.com. The hearts of a thousand English teachers must be warmed as people flock to a novel published in 1949 for ways to think about their present moment. Orwell set his story in...
Author - John Broich
John Broich writes and teaches on environmental history, the history of race and empire, Royal Navy history, and WWII history. He received his PhD from Stanford University in 2005.
- Do Russian Mercenaries Matter? December 6, 2019
- Rwanda is a Model for an Impact Economy and Developing Nations Should Follow It December 5, 2019
- Addressing the Refugee Crisis December 5, 2019
- The Rise of Chinese Neo-Imperialism December 5, 2019
- The United States Must be Ambitious in New Era of Great Power Conflict December 4, 2019
- Going to the ICJ: Myanmar, Genocide and Aung San Suu Kyi’s Gamble December 4, 2019
- The Latin American Autumn: Economic Impact of an Unsustainable Social Order December 4, 2019
- Julian Assange in Videoconference: The Spanish Case Takes a Turn December 3, 2019