Ask anyone in the energy establishment of Jordan, Egypt, UAE or Saudi Arabia about the reasons behind their country’s pursuit of nuclear power and you will be given a lecture on how it would improve their energy security. Whether achieving energy independence is the real reason behind...
Author - Ali Ahmad
Ali Ahmad is Director of Energy Policy and the Security Program at The American University of Beirut.
- Do Russian Mercenaries Matter? December 6, 2019
- Rwanda is a Model for an Impact Economy and Developing Nations Should Follow It December 5, 2019
- Addressing the Refugee Crisis December 5, 2019
- The Rise of Chinese Neo-Imperialism December 5, 2019
- The United States Must be Ambitious in New Era of Great Power Conflict December 4, 2019
- Going to the ICJ: Myanmar, Genocide and Aung San Suu Kyi’s Gamble December 4, 2019
- The Latin American Autumn: Economic Impact of an Unsustainable Social Order December 4, 2019
- Julian Assange in Videoconference: The Spanish Case Takes a Turn December 3, 2019